Research for Adults
- Academic Search Complete - A multi-disciplinary resource of scholarly research for academic institutions that includes peer-reviewed full text resources.
- Gale Databases - Specialized reference sources for multidisciplinary research (use your library card number as your password).
- Consumer Reports - Provides clear reviews of commonly purchased products.
- Explora - Arts, biography, business, current events, geography and culture, health, history and social science, science and math.
Business & Investing
- A to Z Databases - Detailed information on 30 million businesses and executives and 2 million new businesses. Includes data on over 200 million residents as well as new movers and homeowners.
- Encyclopedia of Associations - Comprehensive source of detailed information concerning nonprofit American membership organizations of national scope.
- Gale Business - Business and demographic information valuable to assess business viability and much more. The "password" for this service is your library card number.
- Morningstar - Investment database with stock, mutual fund, and ETF reports, and portfolio analysis. This database allows one user at a time, so please remember to log out of the database when you finish.
- Small Business Reference Center - Covers all aspects of starting and operating a business, including information on accounting, finance, human resources, management, marketing, tax, and more.
- Value Line - Value Line has been in business since 1931 providing financial research and analysis of 3,400 large, mid & small cap stocks using its proprietary ranking systems. Sort by “Timeliness” which lets you know which company’s might be worth buying now. Also download individual analyst reports of the companies you might be interested in following.
Genealogy & Local History
- Ancestry Library Edition - This database offers full-text information on genealogy resources. At this time, Ancestry requires you to log into your account. Once logged in, click on the Ancestry link to the left, below our logo.
- Local History Digital Archive - Historical and genealogical materials in digital form including old pictures, maps, and documents from Macomb County, Troy, and Harper Woods.
- The Making of Modern Michigan - Michigan's unique heritage is represented through photographs, family papers, oral histories, genealogical materials and much more from local history collections around the state.
- Michigan History Magazine - A popular history magazine geared toward professionals and enthusiasts alike.
- MyHeritage Library Edition - Family history resource including more than 6 billion historical records from the United States, Europe, Latin America, and other regions.
- Consumer Health Complete - Supports the health and wellness information needs of patients. Covers mainstream medicine as well as complementary and holistic medicine.
- Mediline Plus - Find information on health conditions, wellness issues, and more in easy-to-read language with up-to-date, trusted health information.
Humanities & Languages
- Biography Reference Center Index - Includes complete full text run of Biography Today and Biography Magazine as well as thousands of narrative biographies.
- History Reference Center - Documents, photos, maps, film, and video from leading history journals.
- Literary Reference Center - Covers information on thousands of authors and their works.
- Opposing Viewpoints - An engaging online experience for those seeking contextual information and opinions on hundreds of the hottest social issues. The "password" for this service is your library card number.
- Michigan Authors and Illustrators - A searchable database of Michigan authors and illustrators that provides biographical and contact information.
- Poetry & Short Story Reference Center - A database with thousands of poems, short stories, biographies, and essays.
- Transparent Language Online - Language learners can build vocabulary, practice skills, and maintain what they have learned with Transparent Language Online, available anytime, anywhere in 110+ languages.
- Michigan Legal Help - A resource for people who are handling their legal problems without a lawyer. Learn about your legal problems and get ready for court.
- Legal Information Reference Center - Search thousands of state-specific legal forms by topic including Adoption, Bankruptcy, Name Changes, and more.
- FDSYS (Federal Digital System) - Official Federal Government publications including Congressional, Presidential, and Federal agency materials.
- Alldata - A comprehensive resource for automotive diagnostic and repair information. In library use only.
- Auto Repair Source - Repair information and schedules, diagrams, parts and labor estimates, service alerts, and recalls.
- Small Engine Repair Reference Center - Repair guides for small engines and routine maintenance (tune-ups, brake service, etc.)
- Hobbies & Crafts Reference Center - Subject areas include arts & crafts; games & electronics; models; needlework; outdoors & nature; and scrapbooking & paper craft.
- Home Improvement Reference Center - Includes maintenance, remodeling, electrical work, plumbing, wood projects, outdoor improvements, decorating, home & garden, and others.
Science & Technology
- Science Reference Center - Contains material from science encyclopedias, reference books, periodicals, and other sources.