Dodge Park Ice Rink
Patrons must register in order to skate at the rink this year! With a limited amount of skaters per time block, interested skaters should pre-register online to guarantee their spot!
Registration dates will be released one week at a time on Mondays at 4:30 p.m. to Sterling Heights residents. Registration will be available for non-residents on Tuesdays at 4:30 p.m.
At this time, ice skating reservations for evening and weekend dates beginning Sunday, Jan. 17 will be available for Sterling Heights residents only. Weekday afternoon sessions will still be available for non-residents, with the exception of Monday, Jan. 18 and Monday, Feb. 15 through Friday, Feb. 19.
Please note the following modifications:
- Masks/facial coverings will be required at all times.
- No food or drink will be allowed under the pavilion.
- A signed waiver is required to use the amenity. Skaters under 18 years of age will need a parent or guardian to sign the waiver.
- Sterling Heights Residents with valid ID can skate or enter the Farmers Market Pavilion for free after registering. Non-Sterling Heights residents must pay a fee of $5 to skate or enter the Farmers Market Pavilion. Residents and Non-Residents must be registered to be underneath the Farmers Market pavilion whether skating or not due to occupancy restrictions.
- Any non-resident cancelling a skate session must cancel within two business days before their scheduled skate session to receive a full credit or refund. Business days are Monday through Friday between the hours of 8:30am - 5pm. Less than two days or same day cancellation will result in a non-refund.
- The City of Sterling Heights will issue full credits or refunds to non-residents if the Parks and Recreation Department cancels skating sessions prior to the scheduled time due to warm temperatures or severe weather.
For up to the minute information regarding weather closures, call the Ice Rink Hotline at (586) 446-2711.
Dodge Park Ice Rink Hours:
Monday through Friday: 12 – 3 p.m.; 4:30 – 7:30 p.m.
Saturday: 10 a.m. – 1 p.m.; 2:30 – 5:30 p.m.; 7 – 10 p.m.
Sunday: 11 a.m. – 2 p.m.; 3:30 – 6:30 p.m.
- Sterling Heights Residents: Free only with valid ID.
- Non Sterling Heights Residents: $5 per person.
- Skate Rentals: $4
- Skate Sharpening: $5
- Although cash is accepted, we encourage patrons to use Master Card, Visa or Discover.
"Recreation Passports" are available for all Sterling Heights residents under the age of 18 when they are accompanied by a non-resident caregiver, permitting use of the Ice Rink at the resident rate of $0. The parent/guardian must show proof of residency to obtain a Recreation Passport.
Please note that the non-resident caregiver will still be required to pay the $5 fee if choosing to use the Ice Rink.
Passports are valid January 1 through December 31 each year. New passports will be required every calendar year. The Passports may also be used at our splash pad during the summer months.
Sterling Heights "Recreation Passport" applications are available at the Parks and Recreation office inside the Community Center (40250 Dodge Park Rd.) Monday through Friday from 9 a.m. to 5 p.m. Proof of residency is required with application.
Please contact the Parks and Recreation Department at (586) 446-2700 for more information.