The purpose of the Sterling Heights commUNITY alliance is to unify Sterling Heights and make the bonds of living together strong. The commUNITY alliance is made up of a diverse group of seven residents who are passionate about bringing the community together and committed to the goal of breaking through the barriers of prejudice, bias and divisiveness to realize our vision of a vibrant, inclusive community with an exceptional quality of life. This group meets monthly and works to make sure every fellow resident feels welcome, accepted, respected and safe.
While the group is currently full, Alliance members know they will need additional volunteer support to execute their future projects and initiatives. If you are interested in helping support their mission, you can contact the Community Relations Director at (586) 446-2470.
commUNITY alliance member terms are three years and are staggered. If you are interested in applying to serve as a commUNITY alliance commissioner when a spot becomes available, you may apply here.
- The commUNITY alliance meets on the third Wednesday of each month at City Hall at 6 pm unless otherwise noted.
- Stacy Bahri, Chairperson - Term Ending: June 30, 2023
- Cynthia Bjornson - Term ending: June 30, 2023
- Sandy Delvillano-Marchi - Term Ending: June 30, 2024
- Tatrika Graphenreed - Term Ending: June 30, 2025
- Michael Mazur - Term Ending: June 30, 2025
- Nakia Powell-Thomas - Term Ending: June 30, 2023
- Rich Rubba - Term Ending: June 30, 2024
- Administrative Liaison - Melanie Davis, Community Relations Director