Board of Review
Board of Review
Pursuant to the Charter and Code of Ordinances of the City of Sterling Heights, Michigan, Division 9 Section 2-150.10, the Board of Review is created, composed of six members who shall be registered electors of the city, who may have the qualifications for holding office in the city as set forth in the City Charter and are owners of property assessed for taxation in the city. The members of the Board of Review shall be appointed by the City Council.
The membership of the Board of Review shall be divided into Board of Review Committees consisting of three members each for the purpose of hearing and deciding issues protested under Public Act 206 of 1893, Section 30, as amended.
The Board of Review convenes for 4 sessions annually to hear taxpayer appeals and to make necessary corrections to the assessment rolls. The Board convenes as follows:
- March 2, 2021 –9:00 a.m. - Organizational Meeting for the purpose of receiving the certified Assessment Rolls and for making initial corrections as necessary. No Taxpayer appeals are heard at this meeting.
- March 15, 2021 – 9:00 a.m. to 5:00 p.m.
March 16, 2021 – 1:00 p.m. to 9:00 p.m.
March 17, 2021 – 10:00 a.m. to 3:00 p.m.
The Board will meet for the purpose of hearing appeals of valuation, classification, hardship exemption and disabled veteran’s exemption. (The March session of the Board of Review may be extended to include additional days if needed.)
- July 19, 2021 – 9:00 a.m.
- December 13, 2021 – 9:00 a.m.
The Board will meet in July and December for the purpose of making corrections to the assessment rolls based on mutual mistakes of fact, qualified errors, qualified Principal Residence adjustments, and for hearing appeals requesting hardship exemption and disabled veteran’s exemption.
Agendas & Minutes
Agendas are available prior to the meetings. Minutes are available following approval.
- John Hages – Committee 1 Chairperson Term Expires: June 30, 2024
- Kimberly Legarski – Committee 1 Secretary Term Expires: June 30, 2022
- Mark Magni – Committee 1 Member Term Expires: June 30, 2022
- Raymond Nadolski – Committee 2 Chairperson Term Expires: June 30, 2023
- Mona Yassine – Committee 2 Secretary Term Expires: June 30, 2024
- John Fenn – Committee 2 Member Term Expires: June 30, 2023
- Robin Palazzolo, City Assessor Administrative Liaison