Scholastic Home-schooling Resources
From now until April 25, Scholastic is graciously providing libraries two of its homeschooling resources for free! Please use the limited-time logins listed beneath each resource.
- Watch & Learn Library - (Grades PreK-3) Access a collection of more than 230+ videos with real-world footage to build science, social studies, and social emotional background knowledge. Available in both English and Spanish.
- User ID: wall46
- Password: blue
- Scholastic Teachables - (Grades PreK-6) Find over 25,000+ printable educational materials. These resources include summer reading packs, leveled learning collections, leveled mini-books, skill sheets, projects, soft assessments, lesson plans, clip art and much more.
- User ID: schteachables46
- Password: blue
1,000 Books Before Kindergarten
Early literacy has been proven to increase a child’s lifelong academic performance. Get on the right track by reading 1,000 books to your children before they begin kindergarten! Go to our Youth Services desk to pick up a booklet. For every 100 books that you’ve read to your child, you can pick up a small prize. Get an even larger prize once you’ve read all 1,000 books!
- NoveList - Search for read-alikes and fresh book titles based on genre, theme, tone, and more.
- Kids Book Series - A great tool for finding the great series for kids.
- Reading Rockets - A national multimedia literacy initiative offering information and resources on how young kids learn to read, why so many struggle, and how caring adults can help.
- Common Sense Media - Find out for how age-appropriate any given book, movie, game, app, or website is considered by media experts, parents, and children.
- Award Winning Titles - Complete Lists
- Online Tutoring - Get free tutoring from a live, online instructor with Tutor.com.
- Student Resources - Get homework help from various sources.
- Online Reference Sources - Gain access to several free databases for all your research needs.
Checkout a small collection of books, toys, and activities for young learners. Each bag has a theme and teaches children Science, Math, Art, Reading, and Technology. S.M.A.R.T.! Ask for the bags in our Youth Services department.