- Event Calendar - See upcoming events and—if necessary—register for live meetings.
- Library at Home - Check out our YoutTube playlist of past virtual events.
1,000 Books Before Kindergarten
Early literacy has been proven to increase a child’s lifelong academic performance. Get on the right track by reading 1,000 books to your children before they begin kindergarten! Track your reading through our Beanstack webpage. You can also access it through the Beanstack app. We offer a book that can be picked up from the Youth Desk when you sign up, and another as an added bonus when you are done!
Award Winning Titles - Complete Lists
- BookFlix - This exciting online literacy resource pairs interactive, fictional video storybooks with related nonfiction eBooks.
- NoveList - Search for read-alikes and fresh book titles based on genre, theme, tone, and more.
- Kids Book Series - A great tool for finding the great series for kids. Use Advanced Search to search for books by reading level.
- Reading Rockets - A national multimedia literacy initiative offering information and resources on how young kids learn to read, why so many struggle, and how caring adults can help.
- Common Sense Media - Find out for how age-appropriate any given book, movie, game, app, or website is considered by media experts, parents, and children.
Michigan Learning Center 2023 Summer Activity Books
The statewide MLC team is energized by the overwhelming response to our summer reading programming, and we are looking forward to another incredible summer of fun with partners, educators, families, and young people across Michigan. Access the Summer Activity Book here for Early Learners, Lower Elementary and Upper Elementary.
TumbleBooks is a curated database of over 1,100 eBook titles for grades K-6, and includes talking picture books, read-along chapter books, non-fiction books and video, playlists, graphic novels and books in Spanish and French. Enjoy TumbleBooks with no check-out times or wait lists: the books are always available.
- Online Tutoring - Get free tutoring from a live, online instructor with Tutor.com.
- Student Resources - Get ahead in academics with these fine resources. See general resources as well as listings organized by education level.
Checkout a small collection of books, toys, and activities for young learners. Each bag has a theme and teaches children Science, Math, Art, Reading, and Technology. S.M.A.R.T.! Ask for the bags in our Youth Services department.