- Event Calendar - See upcoming events and—if necessary—register for live meetings.
- Library at Home - Check out our YoutTube playlist of past virtual events.
1,000 Books Before Kindergarten
Early literacy has been proven to increase a child’s lifelong academic performance. Get on the right track by reading 1,000 books to your children before they begin kindergarten! Track your reading through our Beanstack webpage. You can also access it through the Beanstack app. We offer a book that can be picked up from the Youth Desk when you sign up, and another as an added bonus when you are done!
- BookFlix - This exciting online literacy resource pairs interactive, fictional video storybooks with related nonfiction eBooks.
- NoveList - Search for read-alikes and fresh book titles based on genre, theme, tone, and more.
- Kids Book Series - A great tool for finding the great series for kids.
- Reading Rockets - A national multimedia literacy initiative offering information and resources on how young kids learn to read, why so many struggle, and how caring adults can help.
- Common Sense Media - Find out for how age-appropriate any given book, movie, game, app, or website is considered by media experts, parents, and children.
- Award Winning Titles - Complete Lists
- Online Tutoring - Get free tutoring from a live, online instructor with Tutor.com.
- Student Resources - Get ahead in academics with these fine resources. See general resources as well as listings organized by education level.
Checkout a small collection of books, toys, and activities for young learners. Each bag has a theme and teaches children Science, Math, Art, Reading, and Technology. S.M.A.R.T.! Ask for the bags in our Youth Services department.