The Sterling Heights Community Foundation reaches out to both businesses and residents to help fund programs that strengthen the City's wide range of cultural, educational and recreational activities.
The group was formed as a non-profit entity following a Sterling Heights City Council directive in 1991 and has sponsored several projects since that time that have benefited the City and its residents and businesses.
The goals of the Foundation are:
- Initiate and coordinate functions and activities within Sterling Heights to enhance the quality of life of its citizens
- Award grants and/or support projects that are in accordance with the foundation's purpose
- Acquire, improve and preserve historical areas, public facilities, and parks and recreational areas of Sterling Heights
- Offer tax benefits to the foundations' contributors
- Develop civic leadership and initiate civic action
We are interested in supporting programs in Sterling Heights that build or strengthen cultural, educational and recreational activities and contribute to making Sterling Heights an attractive place to work, live and play. We concentrate our support on programs that expand the appreciation of arts, culture and recreation.
If your organization previously received a charitable donation from the Sterling Heights Community Foundation, please understand that our continuing support should not be relied upon and cannot be guaranteed inasmuch as all funding requests are independently reviewed on a yearly basis. We are aware that the competition for contributions in every form is increasing. This also means that we continue to receive many more requests for support than we can possibly fulfill. We promise to give every request a fair review. We hope that you will take time to consider how your program fits into our guidelines before you submit a proposal.