SHACF and Partners to award 19 college scholarships
1. BAE Systems – The Company will award one (1) $1,000 scholarship to students pursuing undergraduate degrees in STEM (Science, Technology, Engineering and/or Mathematics curricula). Candidates must have a minimum GPA of 3.5, entering a North American accredited university or college, be a full-time student and demonstrate involvement in extracurricular and community activities. Preference given to Sterling Heights residents.
2. General Dynamics Land Systems Scholarship – The Company will award one (1) $1,000 scholarship to a Sterling Heights area high school student pursuing an undergraduate degree in Science, Technology, Engineering or Mathematics. Candidates must be high school seniors with a GPA of at least 3.5, who will be enrolled as a full-time student in a North American accredited university or college and demonstrate involvement in extracurricular and community activities.
3. Macomb County Chiropractic Association – The Association will provide five (5) $2,000 scholarships to students pursuing a career in Chiropractic health care. Applicants may be enrolled in undergraduate studies with the intent of becoming a Chiropractic physician or may already be enrolled in a Chiropractic college. Applicants may also be high school seniors with plans to study Chiropractic upon graduation. Open to Macomb County residents. Submit a statement about your connection and interest in Chiropractic. Recommendation letter(s) recommended.
4. Mayor Richard J. Notte Scholarship for Government Public Service – The Fund will award one (1) $2,000 scholarship to a Sterling Heights resident high school senior or college student pursuing a career in government public service. Applications will be judged on academic achievement, financial need, and community service.
5. Professional Public Management Education Scholarship – One (1) $1,000 scholarship will be awarded to a Sterling Heights area high school senior or a college student who plans to pursue a degree in public administration.
6. Ronald Himmler Science Scholarship – Three (3) $2,000 scholarships will be awarded to high school seniors attending Henry Ford II, Sterling Heights, or Stevenson high schools with emphasis on science grades.
7. Rotary Club of Sterling Heights Scholarship – The Club will award two (2) $1,000 scholarships to Sterling Heights area residents who are either high school seniors or college students. Applicants must have a GPA of at least 3.25 and demonstrate community service involvement. The scholarship is open to students pursuing any field.
8. Selfridge ANG/Base Community Council Scholarship – The Council will award one (1) $1,000 scholarship to children of military personnel attached to Selfridge Air National Guard Base. Applicants must be high school seniors, college students, or vocational students. Applicants must have a GPA of at least 3.0 and demonstrate strong community involvement. Submit information about your specific connection to Selfridge.
9. Sterling Heights Community Foundation Scholarship – The Foundation will award two (2) $2,000 scholarships to high school seniors pursuing college degrees or vocational training. This scholarship is for Sterling Heights area residents.
10. Vibe Credit Union Scholarship – Vibe Credit Union is awarding one (1) $2,000 scholarship to a Sterling Heights area student graduating from high school and pursuing an education at a university, college, or technical school.
11. Wujek-Calcaterra Scholarship – One (1) $1,000 scholarship will be awarded to a Sterling Heights area high school senior with minimum 3.5 G.P.A. and showing community service