The City of Sterling Heights recognized exceptional and long-time volunteers and employees at its 2015 Appreciation Dinner on Wednesday, Oct. 28.
The City of Sterling Heights recognized exceptional and long-time volunteers and employees at its 2015 Appreciation Dinner on Wednesday, Oct. 28. Those celebrating an anniversary with the city or who were being honored for outstanding work were recognized with an award.
The exciting evening centered on the recognition of volunteers who have devoted their commitment, insight and generosity and employees who dedicated their career to Sterling Heights. Mayor Michael C. Taylor, City Council and City Manager Mark Vanderpool honored volunteers and employees with 10, 20, 25 and 35 years of service as well as the following category winners:
• Volunteer of the Year: Shannon Darby (Nature Center Volunteer)
• Commission of the Year: Historical Commission
• Board Member of the Year: Josephine Berthet (Library Board Commissioner)
• Employee of the Year: Daniel Rizek (Broadcast Services Coordinator)
• Part-Time Employee of the Year: Craig Serafino (Code Enforcement Officer)
• Police Dept. Command Officer of the Year: Sergeant Joe Tharrett
• Police Dept. Officer of the Year: Officer Remie Verougstraete
• C.O.P.S. Volunteer of the Year: Dino Spadafore
• Fire Dept. Firefighter of the Year: Assistant Chief Rob Duke
• Administrator of the Year: Steve Deon (Information Technology Manager)
“Volunteers are a key component of our wonderful organization; we would not be able to provide the complete and quality services and events without our hundreds of volunteers and their collective selfless spirit,” said Mayor Taylor. “This annual dinner is our best effort to thank them for a year’s worth of work and dedication to Sterling Heights.”
Sterling Heights Television produced a video to recognize and thank Sterling Heights volunteers, which can be viewed here: https://youtube/TZxCyoUCDj8/.
Media seeking additional information can contact Community Relations Director Bridget Doyle at (586) 446-2471 or firstname.lastname@example.org.