The library is engaged a statewide contest that could result in the digitization the Utica Sentinel, one of the oldest newspapers in the state. To win the competition, we need everyone's help! Residents can earn us points in one of three ways.
Mail a Postcard (10 points each)
• Send any pre-made postcard with a Michigan theme to :
Clarke Historical Library
250 E. Preston St.
Mt. Pleasant, MI 48859
• All pre-made cards must have "#DigUtica" written somewhere on the card.
• You can pickup pre-addressed Upton House cards at the library for free, but you must use your own stamp(s).
• All mailed cards must be postmarked between January 15 and January 20.
Draw a Postcard (10 points each)
• Draw anything with a Michigan theme on a blank postcard.
• All hand-drawn cards must have "#DigUtica" written somewhere on the card.
• Submit the hand-drawn cards to the library before January 15.
• The library will do a Creative Coloring event on Saturday, January 13 from 2-4pm. Blank postcards will be provided at the event.
• The library will send all hand-drawn cards in bulk on January 15.
Tweet (1 point each)
• Tweet anything with the hashtag "#DigUtica" between January 22 and January 27.
• The content of the tweet does not matter, as long as the message is unique and includes the hashtag.
• Tweet as many times as you wish.